I don’t tend to make resolutions, mostly because my anxiety means that once I commit to something, I stress out until its complete. And a vague idea like “be a better person” doesn’t have an end date…so I stress myself out forever. Until I scrap that and change my resolution to “Well, just don’t be a worse person” and my anxiety goes away.
Okay, seriously though. This year, I’m in a great place to commit to a few things. And because they are tangible goals with concrete ways to measure results, the anxiety monster might just stay away.
Health and Well-Being
1. Drink 2 litres of water per day (nursing takes a lot out of you!)
2. Eat 5 servings of fruit and veggies daily (I currently eat one. Maybe two. Yikes)
3. Get to the gym (okay, this has no concrete timeline or measuring stick. But if, even once, I go to the gym…then this is accomplished)
Mental and Spiritual
1. Journal or blog five times per week
2. Read my Bible five days a week (minimum)
Around the House
1. Create (and stick to) a cleaning schedule
2. Meal plan, and grocery shop accordingly
I’ve got a few more that are personal, to do with relationships and family. And a couple silly ones, that are more ‘bucket list’ items than real resolutions. Like ‘make bacon chocolate chip cookies’ and ‘try to conquer the French macaron’.
What are your New Year’s resolutions?