Today is Thanksgiving Sunday, and at our dinner last night, there was a surprising lack of a family tradition. My mom *always* insists that we go around the table and name something we’re thankful for. And while a variation of that occurred, I found myself missing the typical, cliche-but-true, list of thanks.
And so, since you’re my pseudo-family, I’m imagining us all gathered around a dinner table, stuffing ourselves with turkey and one of the twelve desserts I’ve made (in my mind). And here are the things I’m thankful for.
1. For my precious little girl. We waited so long, and tried so hard, and I’m finally able to be thankful for the bundle in my arms. She has such a personality, and I can’t believe she’s mine.
2. For my husband. He takes such good care of me, and seeing him dote on K just makes my heart melt.
3. For our home. We haven’t even been here a year, and yet it feels like this has always been home.
4. For my writing. I love having such a fantastic creative outlet, and I love that I can share my thoughts and feelings, and have people actually enjoy what I write. And though its still a dream, I can’t wait for the day that I see my words published, on a shelf in the library.
5. For excellent recipes. And butter. And chocolate. Any combination of ingredients in my pantry seems to create comforting, sorrow-drowning, exhaustion-busting treats, and I am thankful for the ability and means to bake.
6. For our church. We have such a fantastic community of people, and the support we receive is incredible. We are so, so blessed to be in the spot we’re in.
7. For my family. Since moving back into town, we’ve been surrounded by our parents and siblings, and its so wonderful to be so close. The support and love is incredible.
What are you thankful for?